Monday, December 1, 2008

24 More Days Until Christmas!

Well...it's almost here. What you say? Christmas! The happiest time of the year.

We tend to forget the 'true' meaning of Christmas...with all of the hustle and bustle to find the right gift for everyone on our list. We try to fit all of the holiday parties into our schedule. And must we not forget about Santa and his reindeer!

This is the time of the year when 'true' colors come out. Oh yeah....I about got into it with some ladies over a parking place I was waiting on....and the other ladies where going the wrong way to pull into the spot...and I got there first...what the heck???? LOL...I got the spot...but I was very uncomfortable while doing my shopping.

This is the time of the year when the winter blues set in. It is hard enough when depression comes easy for me anyways.

This is the time of the year when everyone wants to see you. Sometimes I want to stay home, lock the doors, get in my comfy flannel pajamas and get warm under the blankets with a good Hallmark movie on. I don't even answer the phone..but that is normal I guess! LOL!

This is the time of the year when it rains, snows, and sleets. Then temperatures drop over night and it all turns into ice. We have to relearn how to drive on sheets of ice. Not my favorite thing to do!

This is the time of the year when husbands turn into scrooges and wives turn into mall rats! Not me....this is the first year I have done over 90% of my shopping over the internet! Technology is awesome!

Christmas is my favorite time of the year...but only for one day of the season. The rest of the season, you can hand me my flannel pajamas, a blanket, some prozac, some hot-chocolate with a shot of hot damn, a hallmark movie, and my computer...and I will be the happiest girl ever!

Oh yeah, shut my phone off and lock my door...I will see you in the spring! :0)

1 comment:

Carol said...

If I didn't know better, I'd think I wrote this. :) Well, except the hot damn...I prefer ameretto in my cocoa. lol